Tag line

It's all about context...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ebay changes

I have closed my Ebay store. I had been considering that action for some time anyway, but now that they've further damaged the feedback system and want to charge even more to sell, I'm out of there. I participated in the initial Ebay boycott with a number of other sellers (despite the increasingly shrill rhetoric), but then figured that I might as well go elsewhere altogether and give Ebay some competition. Found a couple good alternatives, too. UPDATE: NeoLoch is no longer an auction site - they now sell various electronics. One is NeoLoch.com, a brand new site with no listing fees - only opened in late February of this year (so some initial bugs and growing pains) - but there's something interesting about making a bet on a real new business. Also joined www.onlineauction.com, which charges a flat fee per year, not per item. I'll be listing some things there, too.

Mostly, though, I'll be improving and upgrading my gailsfinechina.com website (UPDATE: now closed). Signed on with Mal's E-commerce for a shopping cart, and applied to the post office for access to their shipping calculators.

--Gail

No comments: